AssessMed Announces Dr. Benjamin B. Clark’s Certification in the Specialty of Pain Medicine
AssessMed is pleased to announce that AssessMed’s Executive Medical Director Dr. Benjamin B. Clark has successfully completed his examinations in Pain Medicine. This is a new program with the first residents accepted to the two-year program in 2014, and existing practicing physicians able to sit the examinations if the scope and duration of practice meets curriculum requirements.
A Pain Medicine Physician is defined as: an expert in the prevention, evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of patients with acute pain and chronic, cancer and non-cancer, pain.
Dr. Clark says, “The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons recognized there was a need for a national accredited training program in Pain Medicine, also respecting that pain management physicians come from a variety of backgrounds.”
The certification complements Dr. Clark’s existing practice, which largely addresses matters of acute and chronic pain, and electromyography.
About Dr. Benjamin B. Clark
As Executive Medical Director, Dr. Clark oversees AssessMed’s medical professionals and the Executive Medical Team. He has performed thousands of third party independent assessments in the area of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation for various sources, including legal firms, long term disability insurers, auto insurers, and employers. Dr. Clark has testified at trial and at arbitrations and he has been recognized by the court as an expert witness in his medical field of expertise.
Since 1991, AssessMed has assisted organizations by providing objective IME services across Canada. Contact us today to learn about our suite of CARF-accredited offerings.
Stay tuned to our blog for the next installment in our Doctor Spotlight series!
More from AssessMed:
- What is an Independent Medical Evaluation?
- Who Requests and Manages an Independent Medical Evaluation (IME)?
- When to Request a Neuropsychological Assessment
- AssessMed is Pleased to Announce Dr. Ed Hanada’s Promotion to Medical Director for AssessMed – Atlantic Provinces - September 5, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. David Prendergast, Psychologist - August 29, 2019
- Introduction to Medical Malpractice Cases - August 15, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Joshua Muhlstock, Physiatrist - June 13, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Nicholas Yardley, Orthopaedic Surgeon - May 3, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. David Flaschner, Physiatrist - April 26, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Diana Jovanovski, Psychologist - April 2, 2019
- AssessMed Sponsors TLABC Conference in Costa Rica - February 22, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Lang, Medical Practitioner - February 19, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Sara Mitchell, Neurologist - January 16, 2019