Information for IME Examinees
At AssessMed, we take pride in our objective and evidence-based, independent medical evaluation management services. We’re committed to providing leading customer service and treating examinees with the utmost respect.
Please review our Rights of Persons Served and our Accessible Customer Service Plan for meeting the needs of individuals with disabilities. If you have any concerns or complaints, please see the form below.
Rights of Persons Served
- Individuals served and their family members shall be treated with courtesy, dignity and respect by employees, contractors, and volunteers employed by the organization.
- Individuals served and their family members shall be entitled to privacy and confidentiality during the assessment process.
- Individuals served and their family members shall have the assessment process explained to them and be given adequate time to conduct a thorough and independent evaluation.
- Individuals served and their family members shall have access to a mechanism for prompt reporting, review, investigation, and resolution of complaints.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
AssessMed is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities AssessMed will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at each building location that the disruption will occur. If there is a disruption the person will be notified by phone when confirmation calls are done.
AssessMed will provide training to employees, and contract workers who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf. Training will also be provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services.
AssessMed will train all staff. This training will be provided to staff as soon as possible after the staff is hired.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- AssessMed’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use the wheelchair provided in each AssessMed office.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing AssessMed.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way AssessMed provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide verbal and written feedback.
All feedback, including complaints, will be responded to in accordance with AssessMed’s Complaint Resolution Process.
Notice of Availability
AssessMed will notify the public that our policies are available upon request by posting it on our website.
Modifications to This or Other Policies
Any policy of AssessMed that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
If you or your claimant have any complaints or concerns, please fill in the complaint form: