Virtual Independent Medical Examinations
We offer independent and objective medical assessments. We are committed to serving you in the best possible way through our highly trained medical staff, superior customer service, and our ability to deliver medical reports in the shortest possible time.
AssessMed staff and assessors are fully armed with the ability to offer all clients Virtual Intakes on all assessments.
What is a Virtual Intake?
Quite simply it is a process whereby, for any muscoskeletal type assessment, the assessment request is sent to AssessMed through normal channels (for the time being all LOI for assessors and med briefs must come electronic transfer) and in return you are provided with two important dates;
1) Date of virtual intake
2) Date of in-person assessment
The virtual intake will be completed with the plaintiff by an experienced RHP (PT, OT, Chiro) and the inperson portion of the assessment will be completed as permitted by current circumstances, within 8 weeks or less of the virtual intake, by the assigned physician. During the virtual intake, the plaintiff will be questioned no differently than he or she would have been during any normal, inperson assessment process that existed prior to the restrictions on close human contact that currently exist.
During the inperson session, that follows the virtual intake, the assessor will always go over the details observed during the virtual intake to ensure everything either remains unchanged or if there are any recently developed changes in that must be noted. After the inperson assessment the full medical legal report would be completed and delivered in an expedited manner.
Key Advantages to Virtual Intake
- The opportunity to initiate new referrals through AM and in doing so, secure future inperson assessment date(s) now and not during the mad rush that will inevitably ensue when inperson assessments are again socially permissible.
- Make your client feel confident that they are still front of mind, you are focused on their file and utilizing creative means to advance their file needs.
- No additional cost to book the virtual intake session.
- When the assessor eventually examines the plaintiff, the assessor has already reviewed the intake forms, fully reviewed the file and partially prepared a draft report that only requires the details of the inperson assessment to complete.
- Due to #4 above, the preparation to complete the final report is greatly minimized with the expectation for final report delivery being 2 weeks or less post inperson session.
- All of the above continues to be coordinated by AM with the same attention to detail and timeliness in process, again at no extra charge.
- By booking as many referrals as possible now in this manner, you are allowing assessors and their intake staff to keep active on your files. And for those cases where we cannot book the virtual intake now but need to book an assessment when we are back to business as usual, our assessor pool will have more capacity for rush assessment requests.
- Virtual intakes can take place online, in a lawyer’s office, in some select AssessMed staffed offices or from the plaintiff’s home. The virtual intake can also be completed by telephone.
- Assessors are prepared to review intake forms, do a full medical file review and offer verbal or written opinions strictly for the purposes of settlement and if a file does not settle an inperson can be booked for next available date.
- While there are no cancellation fees for this service, plaintiff cooperation is of course vital in the process.
Our virtual care solutions allow for secure video and messaging between clinicians and patients via a web browser. The security safeguards are compliant with the regulations and conditions set forth in the Health Insurance Portability and Availability Act.