SCOPE OF SERVICE
AssessMed completes assessments in the medical, psychological and vocational realms with specific focus on impairments related to activities of daily living, ability to work or carry on a normal life (including Catastrophic assessments).
AssessMed does not assess medically unstable or ventilated individuals.
Assessments occur in our designated medical offices, in the examinees home or workplace.
Days of Service:
Typically provided during normal business hours, Monday to Friday however special accommodations for evening and weekend assessments are made upon request.
AssessMed evaluates children, adolescents and adults.
Viruses, Bacterial infections and Flu-like infections: All individuals must be symptom-free for a minimum of 24 hours prior to attending for an assessment.
Any identified or disclosed behavioural issues noted on the day of the assessment will be assessed by the Assessors and a determination made to whether or not to proceed with the assessment. Abusive behaviour will not be acceptable.
AssessMed will accommodate all cultural needs without discrimination or hesitation.
Employees and Examinee’s have a right to:
- Safe, considerate, respectful service given by competent personnel at all times and under all circumstances, with recognition of personal dignity.
- Remain disrobed no longer than is required for accomplishing a medical purpose.
- Freedom from humiliation, abuse, neglect, or harassment.
- Freedom from restraint or seclusion.
- Wear appropriate personal clothing and religious or other symbolic items.
- Freedom from discrimination based on religion, race, colour, and sex.
- Freedom from financial or other exploitation.