For over 25 years AssessMed has been completing independent, unbiased, evidence based medico-legal evaluations and file reviews to several markets including but not limited to , auto insurance, defense and plaintiff tort medicals, Accident Benefits, Catastrophic claims, Life and Health Disability referrals as well as cases from HR representatives throughout corporate Canada. AssessMed is a true national provider with strategically located regional offices in British Columbia, Alberta (2), Ontario (4), Quebec (2) and the Atlantic Canada (2).
Permanent, full-time position
- Handle referrals, process in our internal database and process related documentation and correspondence
- Follow up on cancellation and no shows, to see if the appointment should be rebooked
- Process Clinical Notes and Record release requests;
- Ensures accurate timelines are reflected in the system and ensure timely processing of all bookings;
- Assist as required with the Trial and Arbitration process for the region
- Greet all guests and offer them coffee or water.
- Answers phone in a timely manner, assist the caller or forward to the appropriate person/department
- Scan documents and save in the appropriate drive
- Handle daily filing, mail, couriers and manage supply cabinet
- Chaperone for assessments as needed and prepare room distribution for the next day
- Attend after-hours business related functions when required
- Composing and typing correspondence
- Send appointment reminders for upcoming assessments
- Send medical document reminders for upcoming assessments
- Identify issues that will impact on service standards and notify Management
- Participate in updating the administrative processes
- Other duties as assigned
- College or University diploma;
- 1-2 years work experience in medical or insurance office an asset;
- Exposure to customized databases, including running reports;
- Must be able to assume responsibility for job duties and work independently;
- Ability to effectively sort, prioritize, and execute multiple time-sensitive tasks;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with autonomy demonstrated.
- Superlative verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- High level of computer proficiency and experience with MS Office
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal); must be able to show initiative and good judgment; must be team player with the ability to work autonomously.
- Must possess a passion for details
Interested candidates may apply via: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.