Orthopaedic Independent Medical Examinations
When it comes to sensitive legal issues involving injuries and current medical conditions, it’s important to get a quality medical opinion. In order for insurance companies, lawyers, and the legal system to properly evaluate, there’s a need for unbiased, third-party medical evaluations from experts in the field.
At AssessMed, we’re proud to offer quality orthopaedic independent medical examinations across Canada. Working with our orthopaedic team gets you access to objective and certified medical professionals who will provide detailed and unbiased opinions about the examinee’s orthopaedic function and condition. Depending on the extent of the injury or condition, we’ll conduct medical/diagnostic tests, question and answer evaluations, physical assessments to determine any impairments or deficiencies that exist.
When one of our assessors conducts an orthopaedic evaluation, all reports are prepared with full details. Our assessors are readily available to serve as witnesses for arbitration or trials, and are also happy to provide pre- and post-assessment phone consultations with the referral source (upon request).
Benefits of Working with AssessMed
If you’re in search of a third-party medical assessment company to conduct an evaluation on one of your clients, insurees, or employees, AssessMed is prepared to provide you with fast and reputable reports to help bring more clarity to the situation. Here’s what makes us different than the other assessment services and companies across Canada:
- Rapid turnaround time. One of the biggest complaints of working with orthopaedic assessors around Canada is that they take too long to provide finished evaluations. When you work with AssessMed, this isn’t an issue. We take pride in offering the quickest turnaround times in the industry.
- Massive pool of assessors. With an extremely deep pool of talented and experienced assessors at our fingertips, you never have to worry about finding the right one for your situation.
- CARF accreditation. Not all assessors are able to offer services backed by industry-leading accreditation. However, all of our services come with CARF accreditation, which means your evaluations will be trusted and respected.
- Simple booking. No back and forth phone calls, waiting for emails, or dealing with busy assessors who double-book their time. Our simple online booking process lets you find the assessor you want, check their schedule, and make an appointment.
- National coverage. We provide orthopaedic assessments all across Canada – regardless of location.
- Wide range of services. Whether it’s orthopaedics, physiatry, neurology, cardiology, chiropractic care, dentistry, or anything in between – we have assessors ready to help.
We’ve only just touched the surface of what it’s like to work with AssessMed to conduct orthopaedic assessments. We would love the opportunity to show you these benefits firsthand.
AssessMed’s Orthopaedic Assessors
Dr. Jacqueline Auguste
Dr. Jacqueline Auguste has over 12 years of medicolegal assessment experience for both upper and lower extremity injuries, cervical and lumbar injuries, fractures of the axial, and appendicular skeleton as well as workplace disability claims, catastrophic assessment claims, and medicolegal assessments—both Plaintiff and Defense Medical referrals.
Dr. Nicholas Yardley
Dr. Nicholas Yardley performs a significant number of Independent Medical Evaluations with a balance between Defence and Plaintiff reports. He prides himself in thorough, clear, objective, and well-written reports and believes appropriate communication between expert and lawyer is critical in ensuring his reports meet such objectives.
Dr. Bob Karabastos
Dr. Bob Karabatsos has performed thousands of third-party Independent Assessments in the area of Orthopaedics, providing opinions related to Catastrophic Impairments for various sources including defence and plaintiff bar, long term disability insurers, auto insurers, CMPA, and other agencies as requested. He routinely provides impartial opinions for both plaintiff and defence counsel. When called upon, he has testified on numerous occasions at trial and at arbitrations for both plaintiff and defence bars.
Frequently Asked Questions
At AssessMed, we hold nothing back. We take pride in our transparency and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Here’s a look at some of the most common questions we field:
Who does AssessMed commonly work with?
Our team of assessors at AssessMed have experience working with a variety of groups and entities. We most commonly work alongside auto insurers, personal injury law firms, corporate employers, municipal employers, the Canadian Provincial Workers’ Compensation Board, and life and health disability insurers.
How do you vet and select your assessors?
Unlike other organizations that partner with any and all assessors, we only accept the most experienced and well-respected individuals into our network. We carefully vet each assessor’s resume, references, and past accomplishments. If there are any red flags regarding credibility, we refuse to associate with the individual and instead channel our resources to someone who can provide reputable evaluations in their area of expertise.
How do I choose the right assessor?
When it comes to choosing one of our assessors, we recommend browsing our website and performing your own due diligence. All of our assessors are listed on our website and you can fill out a simple form to request a detailed CV and availability.
How do I book an assessor?
One of the primary benefits of working with AssessMed – versus one of our competitors across Canada – is that you can quickly and easily book an appointment online in minutes! It’s easy, fast, and efficient.
Why can I trust AssessMed?
We let our references, testimonials, and past work do the talking. We only associate with the most highly-respected individuals in their respected fields and, as a result, keep a stellar reputation in our own industry. Contact us today to learn more!