Business Relations Advisor
For over 25 years AssessMed has been completing independent, unbiased, evidence based medico-legal evaluations and file reviews to several markets including but not limited to , auto insurance, defense and plaintiff tort medicals, Accident Benefits, Catastrophic claims, Life and Health Disability referrals as well as cases from HR representatives throughout corporate Canada. AssessMed is a true national provider with strategically located regional offices in British Columbia, Alberta (2), Ontario (4), Quebec (2) and the Atlantic Canada (2).
Business Relations Advisor
Permanent, full-time position
Northern Ontario – Newmarket to Timmins
- Secure referrals from clients for independent medical assessment services offered by AssessMed and then assist clients in the facilitation of referral bookings through the AssessMed referral in-take team
- With support from Associate VP, lead and coordinate Evaluator recruitment process including screening Evaluators, conducting orientation, communicating evaluation policies and procedures. Help to maintain strong ongoing relationships with current AssessMed rostered professionals.
- Assist in the completion of RFPs
- Maintain Evaluator records including contracts, fee schedules and copies of professional memberships; conduct annual inquiries with various evaluator colleges or professional associations
- Liaise regularly with evaluators, collect and communicate feedback to operations managers
- Respond to customer requests and concerns, perform account maintenance and fulfill roster requests
- Assist with the preparation of marketing material for trade shows, seminars and lunch and learn presentations
- Continuously liaise between customers and internal staff to assure that all customer inquiries are dealt with promptly
- Obtain feedback from clients so as to provide ideas and initiatives on service improvement
- Liase with Operations Team to update all customer specifics and to ensure operations can provide service specifics to each customer
- When required to do so, assist the AssessMed QA team with the review of assessor reports to help ensure only reports of the highest quality and standards are released to clients in a timely fashion.
- Provide weekly sales activity reports to Associate VP, that accurately reflect all business development activities.
- Travel locally and to other Canadian provinces, when required
- Attend industry related functions after normal business hours and on weekends, as required.
- Completion of post secondary education required
- Minimum two years experience managing operations and/or business development with the medical, legal or insurance industries required
- Superlative verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Exhibits exceptional relationship building skills utilizing a collaborative approach
- Well-developed project management skills required
- Exceptional organizational, time management and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously while managing multiple timelines and objectives successfully
- Previous experience participating in the RFP process preferred
- High level of computer proficiency and experience with MS Office
Interested candidates may apply via:
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.