Happy Holidays from Everyone at AssessMed!
Posted on December 14th, 2017 by Don Kunkel
AssessMed would like to take a moment to wish our clients and friends a happy holiday season!
As you enjoy all the wonderful things this time of year has to offer—the good food, friends, and family—consider these tips to help you stay healthy and active:
- Eat well, choosing smaller portions and nutritious snacks throughout the day to discourage overindulgence at larger meals.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated and energized.
- Take walks after big feasts to exercise your heart and encourage digestion.
- Travel safely, being cautious of other drivers and ensuring you allow plenty of time to get around in busy holiday traffic.
Holiday Business Hours
- December 25-26: CLOSED
- December 27-29: Open (Regular Hours)
- January 1: CLOSED
We are proud to support a variety of philanthropic organizations including the Stop Concussions Foundation, the Ontario Brain Injury Association, and Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Daily Bread Food Bank
The Daily Bread Food Bank is the largest provider of food relief in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). AssessMed’s teams participate in food-sorting events throughout the year, and it is a cause that remains particularly close to our hearts throughout the holiday season.
The Daily Bread’s Holiday Drive is currently underway and will continue until December 31st!
Visit the Daily Bread’s website for more information.
Wounded Warriors Canada
Earlier this year, AssessMed was proud and fortunate to be able to donate $10,000 to Wounded Warriors Canada (WWC) on behalf of our valued clients. This support will go towards WWC’s leading mental health programs, which benefit ill and injured Veterans, First Responders, and family members.
Donald Kunkel, President of AssessMed, said, “Given the past year we have experienced, in which soldiers and First Responders have been forced into action on what feels like a daily basis, we felt that our holiday marketing funds could not be better spent than through a charitable donation. When we learned of the amazing work of Scott Maxwell and his team at WWC, simply put, this initiative just felt right!”
Learn more about AssessMed’s contribution and WWC’s ongoing initiatives.
From everyone at AssessMed, we hope you have a wonderful holiday season and a healthy, happy New Year!
Recent news from AssessMed:
- What to Expect from a Labour Market Re-Entry Assessment
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Gerry Dancyger
- What to Expect from a Cost of Future Care Report
- Celebrate the Lifemark Health Group Hearts & Minds Award Winners - May 24, 2023
- AssessMed, a Division of Lifemark Health Group, Welcomes ExpertMed to the Team - May 17, 2023
- AssessMed Makes a Positive Impact With a Donation to UNICEF - January 27, 2023