Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Boucher, Physician
AssessMed’s ongoing Doctor Spotlight Series serves to highlight some of the experienced medical professionals we have working with our Canada-wide teams. We take pride in the care with which we choose our assessors, ensuring they are well credentialed, have current clinical experience, and are in good standing with the respective regulatory bodies. All of our assessors are committed to offering high quality, unbiased, and evidence-based medical reports that reflect our professional values.
Dr. Boucher’s Experience
Dr. Michael Boucher is a duly qualified physician licensed to practice in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, and Nova Scotia, Canada. He has been in active practice since 2003. Dr. Boucher obtained both his Bachelor of Kinesiology and Doctor of Medicine degrees from McMaster University. He then completed two years of residency training in orthopaedic surgery followed by a postgraduate program in family medicine. Dr. Boucher continues to be affiliated with McMaster University as an Assistant Clinical Professor teaching chronic pain management techniques to medical students, residents, and primary care physicians.
Dr. Boucher is an assessor with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario’s (CPSO’s) Out of Hospital Assessment Program. He has completed additional formal training in chronic pain medicine and, as a result, the CPSO has granted him the authority to focus his practice in chronic pain management. Dr. Boucher currently sees over 80 chronic pain patients per week.
- Dr. Boucher holds privileges within the Niagara Health System as an emergency physician. He is experienced in the management of poly-trauma having previously been employed as a trauma team leader at the Hamilton General Hospital for over seven years.
- Dr. Boucher is the medical director of Burlington Pain Care, a Level II OHP Facility, where he coordinates the efforts of a multidisciplinary team in the treatment of chronic pain.
- He is under contract with the Cities of Hamilton, Richmond Hill, Markham, Vaughan, Whitchurch-Stouffville, and Georgina as the Medical Director for Emergency Services-Fire.
- Dr. Boucher was previously engaged as an Infantry Officer, and subsequently a Medical Officer with the Canadian Forces for seventeen years.
The Canadian Academy of Pain Management has granted Dr. Boucher Diplomate status with Advanced Credentialing in Interventional Chronic Pain Medicine. He has also worked as a consultant for the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) for chronic pain related issues. Dr. Boucher completes Independent Medical Evaluations for the Insurance Industry as well as both defense and plaintiff Chronic Pain Medical Legal Examinations. Dr. Boucher is a member of the Canadian Society of Medical Evaluators and has undergone formal training in the use of the AMA’s Fourth Edition’s Guide to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment.
Dr. Boucher is currently performing assessments in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Southern Ontario (major cities), and Halifax. Please contact AssessMed for his full CV, sample reports, or for details regarding his availability.
Since 1991, AssessMed has assisted organizations by providing objective IME services across Canada. Contact us today to learn about our suite of CARF-accredited offerings.
Stay tuned to our blog for the next installment in our Doctor Spotlight series!
More from AssessMed:
- What is an Independent Medical Evaluation?
- Who Requests and Manages an Independent Medical Evaluation (IME)?
- When to Request a Neuropsychological Assessment
- AssessMed Sponsors TLABC Conference in Costa Rica - February 22, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Lang - February 19, 2019
- AssessMed Announces Kerri Harrison as the New Director in British Columbia - January 21, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Sara Mitchell, Neurologist - January 16, 2019
- AssessMed Announces the Promotion of Lisa Ulrich to Senior Executive Director, Alberta Business - January 8, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Everyone at AssessMed - December 17, 2018
- AssessMed Announces Dr. Benjamin B. Clark’s Certification in the Specialty of Pain Medicine - December 11, 2018
- Assessor Spotlight: Cindi Goodfield, M.A., Psychologist - October 30, 2018
- AssessMed Contributes to Fill a Purse for a Sister Campaign - October 9, 2018
- AssessMed Participates in Regional Injury Prevention Program Fundraiser - September 24, 2018