Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Ed Hanada
AssessMed’s ongoing Doctor Spotlight Series serves to highlight some of the experienced medical professionals we have working with our Canada-wide teams. We take pride in the care with which we choose our assessors, ensuring they are well credentialed, have current clinical experience, and are in good standing with the respective regulatory bodies. All of our assessors are committed to offering high quality, unbiased, and evidence-based medical reports that reflect our professional values.
Dr. Hanada’s Experience
Dr. Ed Hanada is a duly licensed physician who practices Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation in Atlantic Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia) and Ontario. Dr. Hanada graduated from the University of British Columbia in 1996, followed by residency training at Dalhousie University in 2001. Dr. Hanada then went on to complete a fellowship in sports, spine, and musculoskeletal rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago/Northwestern University in 2002, the #1 ranked rehabilitation hospital in the United States for over 22 consecutive years by the U.S. News and World Report.
Dr. Hanada assesses, diagnoses, and treats various musculoskeletal conditions such as osteoarthritis, spinal injuries, and soft tissue pain conditions. In addition to evaluating patients, Dr. Hanada has taught and mentored residents, medical students, allied health professionals, engineering students, and computer science students. Dr. Hanada is a former Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto and at Dalhousie University. At Sunnybrook Health Centre, Dr. Hanada was responsible for overseeing the rehabilitation of patients with physical trauma from acute care to the tertiary rehabilitation centre at St. John’s Rehabilitation Hospital through to outpatient rehabilitation.
For nine years he was the medical director of the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation program at the Nova Scotia Health Authority formerly known as the Capital District Health Authority. In this position, he assisted in maintaining the centre of excellence for musculoskeletal and amputee rehabilitation in the areas of clinical care, education, and research.
In Clinical practice, a large number of Dr. Hanada’s referrals have been related to musculoskeletal injuries, but also:
- Back pain
- Post fractures
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Knee pain
Disease States encountered in practice include:
- Back pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Repetitive strain injuries such as tennis elbow
- Osteoarthritis of the hip and knees
- Rotator cuff injuries
Independently, Dr. Hanada performs medicolegal assessments for both defence and plaintiff counsel through AssessMed, as well as Accident Benefits Assessments (Ontario), Section B Assessments (Nova Scotia and New Brunswick), and Employer and Long Term Disability (LTD) assessments.
Please contact AssessMed for his full CV, sample reports, or for details regarding his availability.
Since 1991, AssessMed has assisted organizations by providing objective IME services across Canada. Contact us today to learn about our suite of CARF-accredited offerings.
More from AssessMed’s Dr. Spotlight Series:
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Gerry Dancyger
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Bob Karabatsos
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Boucher
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Ed Hanada - February 9, 2018
- AssessMed Announces Lisa Ulrich’s Promotion to Director Alberta Business - January 25, 2018
- Happy Holidays from Everyone at AssessMed! - December 14, 2017
- AssessMed Donates $10,000 to Wounded Warriors Canada on Behalf of the Company and Its Clients - November 9, 2017
- What to Expect from a Labour Market Re-Entry Assessment - November 1, 2017
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Gerry Dancyger - September 20, 2017
- AssessMed Opens a New Location in Calgary - August 22, 2017
- AssessMed Is Excited to Announce Emilie Zips’ Promotion to Director of Quality Assurance - August 4, 2017
- Doctor Spotlight: Dr. Bob Karabatsos - July 27, 2017
- What to Expect from a Cost of Future Care Report - June 28, 2017