Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Sara Mitchell, Neurologist
AssessMed’s ongoing Assessor Spotlight Series serves to highlight some of the experienced medical professionals we have working with our Canada-wide teams. We take pride in the care with which we choose our assessors, ensuring they are well credentialed, have current clinical experience, and are in good standing with the respective regulatory bodies. All of our assessors are committed to offering high quality, unbiased, and evidence-based medical reports that reflect our professional values.
Dr. Mitchell’s Experience
Dr. Mitchell is a practicing academic Staff Neurologist at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and an Assistant Professor at the University of Toronto. She completed five years of neurology residency at the University of Toronto and subsequently obtained subspecialty fellowship training from Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School in cognitive and behavioural neurology and neuropsychiatry.
Dr. Mitchell has a busy academic clinical practice with a focus on concussion, cognitive impairment, neurodegenerative diseases, and other neuropsychiatric conditions.
Dr. Mitchell is very active in research and clinical teaching and has authored multiple peer-reviewed publications in journals including JAMA Neurology and the Canadian Medical Association Journal on topics including:
- motor vehicle collisions
- cognitive impairment
She has been featured on CBC national television as a subject matter expert on concussion, brain health, stroke, dementia, and Parkinson’s disease. Dr. Mitchell has a master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) from the Harvard School of Public Health and a defined interest in improving the quality of medical care delivery.
Dr. Mitchell is currently performing assessments in the GTA. Please contact AssessMed for her full CV, sample reports or for details regarding her availability.
Since 1991, AssessMed has assisted organizations by providing objective IME services across Canada. Contact us today to learn about our suite of CARF-accredited offerings.
Stay tuned to our blog for the next installment in our Doctor Spotlight series!
More from AssessMed:
- What is an Independent Medical Evaluation?
- Who Requests and Manages an Independent Medical Evaluation (IME)?
- When to Request a Neuropsychological Assessment
- AssessMed Sponsors TLABC Conference in Costa Rica - February 22, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Lang - February 19, 2019
- AssessMed Announces Kerri Harrison as the New Director in British Columbia - January 21, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Sara Mitchell, Neurologist - January 16, 2019
- AssessMed Announces the Promotion of Lisa Ulrich to Senior Executive Director, Alberta Business - January 8, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Everyone at AssessMed - December 17, 2018
- AssessMed Announces Dr. Benjamin B. Clark’s Certification in the Specialty of Pain Medicine - December 11, 2018
- Assessor Spotlight: Cindi Goodfield, M.A., Psychologist - October 30, 2018
- AssessMed Contributes to Fill a Purse for a Sister Campaign - October 9, 2018
- AssessMed Participates in Regional Injury Prevention Program Fundraiser - September 24, 2018