Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Lang
AssessMed’s ongoing Assessor Spotlight Series serves to highlight some of the experienced medical professionals we have working with our Canada-wide teams. We take pride in the care with which we choose our assessors, ensuring they are well credentialed, have current clinical experience, and are in good standing with the respective regulatory bodies. All of our assessors are committed to offering high quality, unbiased, and evidence-based medical reports that reflect our professional values.
Dr. Lang’s Experience
Dr. Lang is a duly qualified medical practitioner licensed to practice medicine in the Province of Ontario. He received his Medical Degree from the University of Western Ontario, and a specialty certification in physical medicine and rehabilitation through the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
Dr. Lang also has a sub-specialty designation through the Canadian Society of Clinical Neurophysiologists for the administration and interpretation of EMG and nerve conduction studies. He has been on medical staff at the Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital since 2004, where he sees inpatients for consultation with respect to neurologic and musculoskeletal rehabilitation. He also has an outpatient musculoskeletal practice where he sees patients regarding chronic musculoskeletal and neurologic pain and injury.
Dr. Lang is the founder of the OTMH Comprehensive Multidisciplinary Spasticity Clinic, where he administers EMG guided Botulinum Toxin injections for the treatment of spasticity due to upper motor neuron syndromes. In addition to this, he works in the OTMH EMG lab seeing inpatients and outpatients for electrophysiological studies.
Dr. Lang is an Assistant Clinical Professor with the McMaster University School of Medicine, supervising rotating medical students and residents. He also serves as a peer reviewer for the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario, Department of Investigation and Resolution.
He has over ten years of experience providing Independent Medical Assessments for insurers, employers, and legal counsel.
Dr. Lang is currently performing assessments in the GTA, Hamilton, and Kitchener. Please contact AssessMed for his full CV, sample reports, or for details regarding his availability.
Since 1991, AssessMed has assisted organizations by providing objective IME services across Canada. Contact us today to learn about our suite of CARF-accredited offerings.
Stay tuned to our blog for the next installment in our Doctor Spotlight series!
More from AssessMed:
- What is an Independent Medical Evaluation?
- Who Requests and Manages an Independent Medical Evaluation (IME)?
- When to Request a Neuropsychological Assessment
- AssessMed Sponsors TLABC Conference in Costa Rica - February 22, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Michael Lang - February 19, 2019
- AssessMed Announces Kerri Harrison as the New Director in British Columbia - January 21, 2019
- Assessor Spotlight: Dr. Sara Mitchell, Neurologist - January 16, 2019
- AssessMed Announces the Promotion of Lisa Ulrich to Senior Executive Director, Alberta Business - January 8, 2019
- Happy Holidays from Everyone at AssessMed - December 17, 2018
- AssessMed Announces Dr. Benjamin B. Clark’s Certification in the Specialty of Pain Medicine - December 11, 2018
- Assessor Spotlight: Cindi Goodfield, M.A., Psychologist - October 30, 2018
- AssessMed Contributes to Fill a Purse for a Sister Campaign - October 9, 2018
- AssessMed Participates in Regional Injury Prevention Program Fundraiser - September 24, 2018